Our Commitment to Privacy
SECTION 1 - How Do We Use Your Information?
The use of your information is primarily to enable us to provide you with products through our website, but we may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; and to improve our website;
- To analyze trends and statistics; and/or,
- To contact you if necessary.
We may use your navigational information to analyze trends and traffic to our website.
SECTION 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you place an order on coolgearhq.com, your credit/debit card information is securely transferred via Shopify payments, or Paypal, all of which are reputable payment processors. Your contact information is sent to our warehouse so that they can fulfill your order. We may also share your information with other third parties as necessary to provide our products to you and to help us market or advertise to you. These third parties may also use such information to allow us to analyze our customer base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products and services offered and/or to enhance your experience with us. We implement written agreements with third parties like Shopify which require those third parties to protect and secure your data in accordance with this policy as well as applicable laws.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
SECTION 3 - Disclosure
We may also disclose your information to third parties where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger, where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request, or where we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
SECTION 4 - Shopify
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - Third-Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Links To Other Websites?
SECTION 6 - Security
We strive to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information we collect on our website. When you enter your personal information on coolgearhq.com, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us and then to Shopify or Paypal for payment processing.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically through our website, and the transmission of your information is therefore entirely at your own risk. Please note that we will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through email.
SECTION 7 - Cookies
SECTION 8 - Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
SECTION 10 - California Privacy Rights
Shine the Light Inquiry. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us as described in the "Contact Information" section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
Online Erasure Request For Minors. If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user of this site, you may request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please submit a written request to us as described in the "Contact Information" section below and indicate that you are a California resident making a "California Online Erasure" request. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal of the content or information you have posted, and there may be circumstance in which the law does not require or permit removal.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access Request Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, and as required by law, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The right to know (individually) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at (480) 447-0580 and indicating you have a coolgearhq.com CCPA request.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify identity by phone call or email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following:
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law; commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other similar electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information, inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: We may disclose this information to our service providers, payment processors and financial institutions, and government entities as required by law.
- Commercial information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Professional or employment information: We may disclose this information to our service providers and government entities as required by law.
- Internet or other similar electronic network activity information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, product and service fulfillment companies, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, payment processors and financial institutions, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Geolocation data: We may disclose this information to our service providers, internet service providers, advertising networks, social networks, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
- Audio, electronic or visual information: We may disclose this information to our service providers and government entities as required by law.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information: We may disclose this information to our service providers, advertising networks, social networks, data analytics providers, and government entities as required by law.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information - California Residents. We may share certain personal information with third parties under circumstances which may be deemed a "sale" under the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a California resident, you may request that we exclude your personal information from such sharing arrangements by contacting us at email@example.com
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org